TIA Speaks @ Mobile World Congress Americas - September 12-14
Mobile World Americas
Mobile is elemental. It is an essential part of how we interact, communicate, work, and play. Experiences that were once limited by time and place are now instant and effortless. Innovative technology is transforming the connected world, driving change and creating endless possibilities. Join TIA executive leaders in San Francisco for Mobile World Congress Americas from 12-14 September 2017 to explore The Tech Element – the force behind every forward-thinking idea.
Wes Johnston, our CEO will be moderating the “Women Encouraging Technology, Part 1 Mentorship, Education & Youth and our Chief Strategy Officer, Brenda Boehm will be speaking on 5G Networks.
Date: September 12 - 14
Location: Moscone Convention Center
Barcelona Hotel Information
TIA Special Discount Rates, use appropriate code below at registration.
Panels TIA will be moderating at Mobile World Congress
Future Networks Seminar – 5G for Industry-Specific Services Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm Location: Moscone South, Level 2, Room 216
Hear about the visions and plans for 5G tailored network slicing in multiple industries. The industry is seeing 5G as a generational transformation from network to network-experience, delivering a tailored “Network as a Service” that matches specific communication needs of the services demanded by humans and machines.
Brenda Boehm, CSO, TIA (Industry Panel)
- Paul Bradley, Head of 5G Strategy & Partnerships, Gemalto
- Nico Bayer, Senior Project Manager, Deutsche Telekom
- Henry Calvert, Head of Future Network Programme, GSMA
- Devaki Chandramouli, Senior Specialist Mobile Core Standards & Architecture, Nokia
- Doug Eng, Technical Architect, Wireless Network Architecture and Design, AT&T
- Humberto J. La Roche, Principal Engineer at Chief Technology and Architecture Office, Cisco
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Location: Moscone South, Esplande level, Keynote
The 5G story continues to develop, with new business cases being discussed or developed further as early stage trials and deployments are announced. The acceleration in the standardization process, as well as the R&D taking place throughout the telecommunications ecosystem has put the industry on alert to decide how, when and where 5G will be deployed into its networks. With competing views and approaches to 5G, the industry and its partners will need to find the sweet spot for the technology, a necessary step to creating a successful business case and ROI opportunities for operators and infrastructure providers worldwide. During this session, the discussion will revolve not only on the core technology that will become the building blocks of 5G, but also the merits of this new generation, why it is necessary, and where we will see the early deployments and developments.
Moderator: Brenda Boehm, CSO, TIA (Industry Panel)
- Arun Bhikshesvaran, VP, Head of Strategy, Ericsson
- Enrique Blanco, Global CTO, Telefonica
- Andre Fuetsch, President, AT&T Labs and CTO
- Derek Peterson Ph.D., CTO, Boingo Wireless
- Ron Marquardt, VP, Technology, Sprint
- Hossein Moiin, CTO, Mobile Networks
- Luis Minoru, CSO, TIM Brazil
- Nicola Palmer, Chief Network Officer, Verizon
- Neville Ray, CTO, T-Mobile
- John Saw, CTO, Sprint
Women Encouraging Technology, Part 1 Mentorship, Education & Youth
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm
Location: Moscone South, Level 2, Room 207/215
The challenges facing female career choices in technology starts with educating our youth and continues with inspiring role models, thought leaders and career mentoring relationships in the tech industry. It also highlights the changing landscape and opportunities available in Universities. This session explores these issues and addresses how to encourage women and girls to study STEM and pursue careers in the telecommunications industry.
- Rose Kirk, President of the Verizon Foundation
- Telle Whitney, CEO & President of the Anita Borg Institute